How to trick your partner..

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: How to trick your partner..
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:07:36 -0000
into believing that buying an MG makes good sense. <G>

I've been reading that thread about all the excuses we need to make to our
respective partners when buying decrepit 30yr old cars, taking them to pieces,
using the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom anywhere when restoring them, then
selling them when they're still in a 1000 bits, buying 5-6 or 50 more!!!!!
<VBG> So lets pool all our good excuses, reasons, justifications, retorts that
we've used on our partners over the years! Hey it's the silly season so why
not? :)

I'll start with the ones I have used, and my Dad has used in the past to
justify our little collection! hehe

WHEN BUYING YOUR FIRST

"Buying a new car is a silly idea, think of the depreciation!"
"Buying an old car is good for the environment, less landfill!"
"You'll love driving the MG too!!"
"An MG will appreciate over time, think of it as an investment!"

WHEN ADDING TO THE COLLECTION

"I can't drive a GT in summer it's too hot, so I need a Roadster!"
"I can't drive a Roadster in Winter it's too cold, so I need a GT"
"I can't drive the MGA everyday (delete Barney <G>) so I need to buy something
slightly more practical like a BGT V8, and after all we don't have any car
right now so.." (my most recent excuse)

RETORTS TO "I TOLD YOU SO" WHEN SOMETHING BLOWS UP OR BREAKS DOWN
"Yeah, but I can fix it myself, cheaper than a mechanic!"
"Parts are so cheap for MG's!"
"Yes but the car has 'character' doesn't it?!"

WHEN RESTORING
"Yes I do have to let the new painted parts dry in the bathroom, the garage is
filthy!"
"Look. I don't use the dishwasher at the same time as washing the dishes, so
whats the problem?"
"Yes I WILL clean up the Garage so you can park in there too"

C'mon these are just a few of my pathetic excuses, I'm sure there are better
ones out there!! :)

Xmas Cheers,
Neil
A/CGT/BGTV8/AH100 - and over 100 excuses!!