Re: How to trick your partner..

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: How to trick your partner..
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:09:40 -0500
Well, my wife talked me into buying a horse 8 years ago, with the rationale
that you can probably get a good horse for between $750 to $1500 and it's
about $150 per month.

After getting into it, it turns out that in order to have a decent horse
(for what she wanted to do with it), you're looking at $3000 to $5000, and
boarding it costs anywhere from $650 to $950 per month on an ongoing basis,
and that doesn't include vet bills, which ain't cheap, but are continuously
necessary, everything from preventative shots to fixing injuries, nor
"accessories" (gear).

I think the MG is a pretty good deal.  Once you get the money into it, you
get to a point where it just gives back, and it doesn't cost you a mortgage
every month in order to keep it.

The horses are long gone - we only did that for a couple of years - but the
MG hopefully will be around for a long, long time.  And having dumped bux
on the horses for her, I don't feel too bad about investing them in the MG
instead.  And although it may stall, at least you don't have to shovel out
the stall.

- Tab
'78B, currently in surgery for the winter