Re: Replace the Twin Batteries or Not?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replace the Twin Batteries or Not?
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:43:02 -0600
Found some interesting discussions on this very topic:
http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/library/batteries.html

http://www.mv.com/users/tetrault/rv-tec.htm

More than you care to know about batteries:
http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~schmaus/batlinks.html

The short story is that while connecting two 12v batteries in parallel will
give you extra CCA/capacity, you run the risk of overcharging one of the
batteries (if charged in parallel) due to the fact that no two batteries
have the same internal resistance/cell capacity. One will be inherently
'weaker' than the other and require a longer charge, essentially
overcharging the 'stronger'.

YMMV...

Jeff