Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>,
Subject: Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 18:32:17 -0500
Give me a break. Maybe the winged nut wants to unscrew because of
wind resistance.

Quit meddling with Newton's First Law, because it applies equally
when there is rotational acceleration or deceleration. In that
case, like your drill chuck demonstrates, there would also be
(under braking) a reluctance to rotate in the unscrewing mode.

See Barney's recent expose on this topic.

Mike L. (P. Eng.)
60A,67E,59Bug