Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side

To: "David Pennington" <racerx23@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:51:41 -0500
David,

I rarely reply to listchat but yours demands an answer. If you make the
change do the following before you drive the vehicle:

1) Ensure your will is signed and legal.
2) Put your estate in order.
3) Make sure your insurance is fully paid up.
4) Say farewell to all friends and family.

And please stay off roads on which other vehicles are travelling, or are
anywhere near habitation.

At 08:11 AM 12/28/00 -0500, David Pennington wrote:
>hello all,
>I am contemplating the (wire) wheel drive hub on the left side of my car,
>which looks rather sad (its been spun by the previous owner at some point). I
>had a wheel spin  long ago on the left front, it even went off completely to
>my chagrin. Anyway, due to their RH thread, the left sides will unscrew if
>they spin during braking, which is the only time I anticipate giving them
>great loads of torque (as my crazy youth is long past, I do not get pleasure
>from doing "burnouts" and such nonsense). Anyway, is there anyone who's put
>right side hubs on the left side, or if this was discussed sometime, please
>relay the consensus if there is one. I truly appreciate this forum and its
>many contributors.
>
>thanks again in advance,
>
>Dave P
>70 MGB