Re: Need wheels trued

To: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Subject: Re: Need wheels trued
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 16:49:36 -0800
Phil,

Is this really true? What special equipment do they have? I've never yet
found any tire shop (let alone a mass-merchandising chain like Les Schwab)
to have taken the trouble to fabricate the special adapters needed to
properly center a wire wheel hub on their computerized dynamic balancing
machines.

My guess is, if your local L.S. store does really have a proper adapter (one
which seats the wheel on a cone specifically machined to the correct angle
for the hub's inside taper, and securing the wheel with a "nut" that has the
same taper as a knock-off spinner, it's only because an employee or a
regular customer has an LBC. I cannot imagine that would be true in every
Les Schwab store!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center