Re: Need wheels trued

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Need wheels trued
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 21:43:17 -0700
I have never actually watched them do it.  I got the tip from another MG owner
in the area that was converting his A from disks to wires.  He bought Dayton
Wire Wheels through Les Schwab.  He got some sort of discount through them, and
he bought the tires and had them mounted and balanced.  Other shops in the area
have directed me to them also for wire wheel balancing - doubt they would even
think of a full truing, but they could send them off.  I have had occasion to
take my wires in (that I did not buy there) to get a punctured tube repaired,
and had no issues whatsoever with the work or balance.  In fact, they even did
it for free (and I had never bought anything from them at that time) - got my
business down the road for that.