Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 08:49:37 -0600
MGTD1952@cs.com wrote:

>> b)    Could Ferrari have designed a more beautiful
>>         front wing?  I love it.
>
> I forget which announcer said it, but he was right on
> when he said it looked like it was designed after an
> anteater.

   I looked at that for a while too and then realized that
the whole nose is an airfoil!  I put the basic shape into
an aerodynamic modeling package that I use and sure
enough, the nose generates downforce!

> The race was great, on at 9:30 on the east coast.
> Kid's in bed, no interruptions,...

   I enjoyed the battles between the back markers as
they tried to sort out new cars, new tires and a dirty
track.  Good stuff!  This was a race where the enjoyment
was not with the lead cars.

> almost as good as the European races that are on at
> the crack of dawn Sunday mornings.

   This, for me, is also the best.  I am a morning person
and I am a solitary person -- the later isn't hard to achieve
at 5:30am :-].

> Why did Puegot change their engine name to Asiatec?
> Are they hoping the Riceboys will pick up on it an
> start bolting "go fast Type-R parts" onto the
> factory cars?

   Who knows?!  We still must remember that we here
in the US are a tiny part of the F1 following.  The market
is WAY beyond us.

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research