Re: Engine Degrease

To: Jon Lind <JonL@avanade.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Degrease
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 15:11:34 -0500
FWIW:

Your Dad was repeating what his father said, which may have been
permissable with a Ford T, A or Chevrolet Stove bolt, but DON"T
do it with your MG engine.  Those older engines used older non
detergent oils, splash lubrication, different bearing materials,
lower RPM's etc.  It no longers applies.

Blake

Ah!  I'll be interested to hear the answer on this one.  I was
told by
my dad once that you could pour kerosene directly into the *oil*
clean out the engine, run it for a couple of minutes, then change
it.
Sounds kinda crazy (explosive?) to me.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list