mgb hood - advice

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mgb hood - advice
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 18:38:20 -0400
Hello everyone,
Well, as some of you remember I was debating between two possible painters
for my '72 MGB.  Initially the "less experienced" guy was going to do, it
but at the last minute he backed out so we went with the one who has done
mg's before and he seemed really good. (was repairing a tri***h from hail
damage when I was there).  Anyway, after stripping the hood of all paint, we
found a circular section of bondo about 9" in diameter, the results of the
original metal fan going through some years back.  He recommended a
replacement hood because the heat in that area would lead to cracks in the
new paint job over time.  I asked about alternatives, recalling Andrew
Lundgren's recent bad experience trying to find a good hood, but he said in
the long run this needs to be done or we will regret it.  So, Andrew said
his hood from VB was a good one.  Was it repro or original?  Anyone else
know a good manufacturer/vendor?
Thanks for any advice, and expect some pictures in a month or so!
-Dan
'72 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list