Re: MGB aerodynamics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB aerodynamics
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:33:33 +0000
paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:

> So far I've only lost (and
> retrieved) the hat once although its come pretty close several
> times, usually when passing a truck going in the other direction on
> a two-lane  blacktop.  Anyone fitted a restraining strap?

Yes, you have to find the 'right' cap to wear.  Some just don't sit far
enough down on your head to hold securely - there is nothing worse than
having to keep 'catching' your cap as it is just a bout to lift off (and
it can't be good for concentrating on the road).  But when you find that
'right' cap, it becomes your favourite driving apparel :-)

As for "a restraining strap", I saw a bloke and his kid driving with a
ribbon tied to the adjusting strap at the back of the cap and around
their neck.  It looked odd to me (certainly not 'cool') but could do the
trick - I worried about the strangulation potential in the wrong
situations, though.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia