Re: MGB aerodynamics

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: MGB aerodynamics
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 09:16:05 -0700
  When I run my my '69 B roadster at 60+ mph with the top up, the
ceiling fabric rises above the top bows.  I presume that there is
positive pressure inside the car and the top is balooning.  Or, to put
it another way, the top is capturing air that the car is trying to
penetrate.  Either way, it must take energy from the fuel to pressurize
that top.  When the top is down, there's no energy going to pressurize
the top, so I figger the car is slipperier (is that a word?) when the
top is down.  Next top will have a zip-down rear window, so as to let
the air out.

  Cheers,

  CR

///