RE: MGB aerodynamics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB aerodynamics
From: harlanjillson <harlanjillson@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 07:40:20 -0500
Charley said:

>  When I run my my '69 B roadster at 60+ mph with the top up, the
>ceiling fabric rises above the top bows.  I presume that there is
>positive pressure inside the car and the top is balooning.  >

Well, actually it's just the reverse.  The soft top is curved (looking at it
from the side..) like a wing.  The air moveing over the top is accelerated,
which causes a drop in pressure in the area above the top.  This does make the
pressure under the top greater, but not from air blowing in, it's just the
principle some guy named Bournolli ( sp) came up with.

Harlan

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list