Cars with names, was something else

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Cars with names, was something else
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:11:31 -0500
Hi Gang,
   A quick observation; The world seems to be divided into
two types of people, those who name their cars and those
who don't.  In my tender 50 years, I have owned probably
40+ cars and have NEVER named any of them.  Sure, they
get nicknames but not proper names.  For example, my
Ferrari 308GTB gets called "the 308", "the GTB" or "the
silver car."  My MGB-GT gets called "the yellow car" or the
"B-GT."  When I refer to one as "the GTB" or "the B-GT"
my wife asks, "Which one is that?"  She also refers to them
collectively as "Rick's old junk cars."  Then again, her first
car was called "Mandy."  Pardon me, I have to go spew.
That POS deserved to be called Mandy.  Uh, the car, not my
wife. :-]

Bill Saidel wrote:

> '76B, soon to be christened with a real name.

   No flame Bill, I just can't personify automobiles and don't
get sappy over pets.  Perhaps that is unfortunate.

Best,

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK