Re: mgb vs spitfire

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: mgb vs spitfire
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:08:38 -0400
Max Heim wrote:
> I have a buddy that is also fascinated by the look of Spitfires. He has the
> excuse that one was his first car (that wasn't a hand-me-down from his
> parents). They have a curvaceous, mini-E-Type shape -- I can see how it
> would be appealing from a visual standpoint.

  ...a point raised very often though is that the Spitfire
looks very unproportioned when it has a rider.

  The still pictures of the car kind of have a "poor man's
mini e-type" look, but the car is in reality a lot smaller
in ways that become evident when a person sites inside.

  Anyone riding in one tends to look like a giant from
another planet and the poor car is about to snap in
half beneath them.

  If the driver is even slightly big, it's just comical. You
can see their entire body from the belt up above the
tiny doors. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca