Re: So what have you found in yours?

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: So what have you found in yours?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:10:01 -0400
I think the the concern was that the car had SO many places to hide that
tenting and gassing wouldn't quite cut it.  Unlike termites, where a single
termite that survives can't do much damage, a single survive black widow
would be dangerous.

If I personally had been told that all but one single termite in my car had
been destroyed, I'd be happy.  If I'd been told that all but one single
black widow had been destroyed, and the last one was hiding "somewhere",
I'd be less than thrilled.

I think that's why they suggested the woman talk to an entomologist, and
find a place to subject the vehicle to either extreme heat or extreme cold.

- Tab

At 06:52 PM 4/21/01 -0400, Bob Howard wrote:
>Tab,
>    I heard part of that Car Talk show. Why were they so against simply
>"tenting" the car?
>   "Tenting" is what is done in Florida to kill termites in an entire
>house. Large tarps are used to completely cover the place, then the
>exterminator pumps in some toxic gas to kill the critters.
>   MG content to this is that a TD owner in our CT club inherited a car
>from her dad who lived on Longboat Key.  When she and her husband went to
>load the car into a truck, they found that the TD was filled with
>termites. They called an exterminator, and he tented the car right in the
>driveway.
>Bob
>

>On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:42:12 -0400 Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com> writes:
> > I found acorns and such in the air filter of my Toyota....  #)($#*
> > squirrels.... ! :)
> >
> > 'Course it's better than the black widow spider infestation that
> > lady on
> > Car Talk reported!
> >

> > At 04:52 PM 4/20/01 -0500, S & M Barnes wrote:
> > >In my case, acorns in the engine!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list