Re: Distributors...

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Distributors...
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:14:44 -0500
Charley,
         You could be right. I was paraphrasing a Moss Motors Spring 2000
bulletin comparing Crane's and Pertronix's benefits and drawbacks. I have
no personal knowledge of the Pertronix. I do know that in other cars where
EI Hall effect is OE, bad bushings are often the reason for selling
remanufactured distributors. Also, those cores that I've seen have had more
than a "little wobble".
                 Peter C
----
At 02:21 AM 4/27/2001, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

>   I dunno about that, Peter.  The air gap on the Pertronix unit is so
>large to begin with that I doubt a little wobble in the shaft will
>effect the triggering.
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   CR
>
>"Peter C." wrote:
> >
> > I agree about the Crane or other optical units. The magnetic units,
> > Pertronix et. al. depend on air gap so that, much like points, your timing
> > may be erratic at best, should your dizzy bushings be worn.
>
> >          Peter C

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list