MGB windscreen Mama said there would be days like this!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB windscreen Mama said there would be days like this!
From: "rexcats" <rexcats@telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:23:07 -0700
UGH!

Well okay so getting the seal on the bottom was the easy part!  Thanks for
all the advice everyone!  So then I guess you all had a good chuckle
thinking wait until she tries to put it back on the car!<LOL>  Geez I had no
idea that the new gasket would be so much thicker and almost impossible to
get the bolts to go back through the holes to hold it in place!!!  So with a
lot of sweat and words that should not have come out of my mouth the
windscreen is now back in place!  I am sure there was probably a better way,
I sometimes feel while working on this car that the MG gods are looking down
and laughing at us for not knowing how to do all this the easy way! I
decided
not to put sealant under the seal as I could not figure how to do it with
out getting it all over the car, instead I am going to wait a few months and
try then hoping that the seal will have worked itself into a memory
position and be easier then, is that the way anyone else has done this?  It
seems  as though the ignition switch is working properly now too thanks for
the advice on that.  Next step putting in the new carpets and sound proof
heat shield stuff so I guess we will probably start that tonight. that is
after we put the dash back together and in, we had to take that out to get
the top screws in!  I tell you the more things you try to fix the more you
uncover that needs to be fixed!  Well as the saying goes it is a Love Hate
relationship with this car, I really love the MG's as I think they are just
one of the coolest cars ever made, but working on them Yuck!!!!

Thanks

Lisa Ann
1972 MG Midget
1979 MGB