RE: MGB windscreen Mama said there would be days like this!

To: "rexcats" <rexcats@telocity.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB windscreen Mama said there would be days like this!
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:11:50 -0600
>UGH!

LOL, this job is the hardest thing to do on an MGB, just think everything else
will be easy!

>So then I guess you all had a good chuckle thinking wait until she tries to
>put it back on
the car!<LOL>

Yep, been wait'n for this ...

>I decided not to put sealant under the seal as I could not figure how to do it
>with
>out getting it all over the car, instead I am going to wait a few months and
>try then hoping that the seal will have worked itself into a memory
>position and be easier then, is that the way anyone else has done this?

Yes, but you forgot the next critical question; "Did it work"?

No.

You'll likely need to use some type of sealant.  I used DumDum, or is that
dumdum, or
Dumdum?  Its a sealer commonly used in automobiles, I got a big gob of it from
my dad years
ago, it might be available at auto parts stores or maybe a paint shop.

In the meantime be prepared for some leaks .... <G>

Glad to hear it's on!  It's all down hill from here ...

Larry Hoy
Plan on attending the 49th Annual Glenwood Rallye
http://mgcc.org/glenwood2001/main.htm

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list