Re: Painting your car...

To: Chris Chandler <barak@voyager.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painting your car...
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
You could potentially run into an issue with matching the paint up. Not
always an issue but it can happen based on one batch of paint one time and
another when you get the rest done. Also, if you buy enough for the whole
car, the remainder will be sitting for almost a year...depending on its
surrounding environment, it could start to go bad.

Just my thoughts and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm way off base
here.

Dan

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:08:19 -0400, Chris Chandler wrote:

>  Has anyone painted their car in parts?  Is this a bad idea?
>
>  What I'm thinking of doing is taking off the bonnet, boot and front
fenders
>  and doors and having them done because they're starting to bubble and
look
>  kinda bad.
>
>  Then I'll have the rest done later after I get the sills replaced, which
>  will be next years tax return gift to myself.  :)
>
>  Has anyone done it this way?  Any problems?
>
>  Chris
>  '70 MGB Roadster

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget