RE: Painting your car...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Painting your car...
From: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:17:25 -0400
>Dan Dwelley:
>Subject: Re: Painting your car...
>You could potentially run into an issue with matching the paint up. Not
>always an issue but it can happen based on one batch of paint one time and
>another when you get the rest done. Also, if you buy enough for the whole
>car, the remainder will be sitting for almost a year...depending on its
>surrounding environment, it could start to go bad.

The thought here was to get enough to do the whole car.  Hadn't really
considered that it might "go bad".

Anyone know how long it'll keep and look the same when sprayed on?

>Just my thoughts and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm way off base
>here.

Hey, that's why I'm asking.  Don't wanna do anything too stupid without the
consensus of the list. :)

I suppose I could also just do the minor repairs on those parts and drive
around with a white & primer car for a while.

On another note, is laquer the way to go?

Thanks,
Chris

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list