Re: 5 Speed - Why?

To: schooler@member.afa.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:05:44 EDT
In a message dated 29/06/01 8:39:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wschooler@home.com writes:

> It's always been my impression that folks go to the 5-speed MGB conversion
> for the "overdrive" fifth gear ratio more than anything else.

But my point was, why not use the MG OD trans?  There is no magic in being
able to access the gear by shifting the stick instead of flicking a switch.
That alone doesn't seem a sufficient reason to warrant the expense of a
conversion.  Are original MG OD boxes that hard to come by?

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list