Re: 5 Speed - Why?

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why?
From: "Bill Schooler" <wschooler@home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:12:54 -0400
Bill,

I thought you were concentrating on the gear ratios and overall useability and
strength of the two gearboxes.  I happen to agree with you - I have the OD
configuration and enjoy it very much.  I suspect some folks fret and worry
about the durability of the overdrive units and feel more comfortable with an
alternative arrangement.  Me?  I'm with you.

And as to your next question, it would seem that if one wants an overdrive
gearbox, they're available (usually much cheaper than the 5 speed conversion,
if memory serves me correctly.)

So what do you folks who went for the 5-speed have to say?  Bill Spohn and I
are just guessing!

Bill