Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 1:20:54 -0400
Barney wrote:

I personally like to drive my MG, but I am also so tight that I squeek
when

I walk, so I wouldn't spend any money at all on any mod that didn't
improve

the reliability or performance.  But occasionally I might do a
mod the is

less expensive than repairing or replacing an orignal part, given that
the

change is reversible (and I still don't know why I impose that

restriction).

Me, it's laziness.  I haven't put any non-MG, or even non-MGB parts on
my B's during my modifications, but not because of any political or religious
convictions--I don't have any.  No, I figure parts that came off of a B
would be more likely to go onto another one without cutting, welding, swearing,
or running to the parts store every five minutes for yet another bolt.
Swearing is only required for installing the correct part.

Denise

--- Denise Thorpe

--- xyzabcde@earthlink.net

///