Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net, MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:17:04 -0700
Denise,

Amen!  I don't know if it's Murphy, or some other law of unintended
consequences, but most mods are 1) ten times more trouble than the
catalog lets on,  2) produce effects or problems never foreseen, and
3) require many additional trips to the parts store.

My personal favorite was a set of headers I bought for my Landcruiser
to replace a cracked cast iron exhaust manifold.  Said mod required
constant retorquing, would not run well cold because it lacked a
connection to the intake preheat (the DPO's replacement of the carb
with a 2 bbl Holley could have had something to do with this too),
and, despite some makeshift heat shielding, burned through the rubber
brake hose to the front axle...

Chris

--
Chris Attias