Re: Fatest ever MG (500bhp, 0-100mph in 8.4!)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fatest ever MG (500bhp, 0-100mph in 8.4!)
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Thanks for the link, Scott. Anyone else not really like the 'new' green
> used in the MG logo on this (and other) cars?? Guess it's like New
> Chartreuse Racing Green....

It certainly isn't very subtle, but I think it works pretty well
myself.  I like the contrast of the Green over the darker body.

> I think this is the first time I've seen prices mentioned in an article -
> referring to the new cars - 30,000 pounds for the entry level car - does
> that translate to something like $19,500? That wouldn't seem to be too
> pricey for a 250-hp car...! 'Course, I'm sure getting it over here would
> mean adding several k dollars.

There is a thread on mgcars.org that has a full breakdown of pricing.
This price is a bit high.  The F has an entry price of ~15K GBP.  I
believe the XR starts at 9995 GBP.

Of course, mg-rover.com has been updated, they have current "on the
road" UK pricing from there.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
 My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.

///