Re: 1 3/4" SU

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 3/4" SU
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:28:47 EDT
In a message dated 12/07/01 12:15:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

> Interesting point, Bill. I saw an MGC at a show last fall with 3
> side-draft Weber-like carbs and I wondered if that wasn't overkill for the
> street (didn't look like a racer to me). Never saw it enter or leave,
> however, so can't say how it ran.... Maybe it came on a trailer!

I also have seen a triple Weber MGC on a chromed 'show' car.
My MGC has triple 1 3/4" SUs, which IMO is adequate for street use as well as
most competition. It has raised the top end to around 130 mph.

I asked the guy with all the Italian glitter what all the carbs had done for
his top end and he told me that he had run it up to 85 mph, once......he
obviously more interested in showing off than in actual performance, but you
should have heard him spout supposed horsepower figures and theoretical top
end speeds.

I guess there is a place in this world for wankers like that. If you find out
what it is, let me know;-)

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list