Re: 1 3/4" SU

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 3/4" SU
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:33:17 -0500
At 02:54 PM 7/12/2001 EDT, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
>> My 1600 hums happily past 7000 rpm running on H4's.  The new street cam
made a big difference, and it breaths better now than ever, lots of fun to
thrash around.

>Barney, if it is really a street cam, you aren't doing anything at 7000
but making noise and reducing bottom end life!

Tell that to all the guys staring at my FTDI trophies.  8)  For short
periods of time while autocrossing in 2nd gear the small drop off of torque
from 6000-7000 rpm is not nearly as bad as the drop off of rear wheel
torque caused by a shift into 3rd gear.  That's a HUGE hit on
accelleration, not to mention a big problem for having to shift twice (up
and back down).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg