Re: 1 3/4" SU

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 3/4" SU
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:16:57 +0930
Thanks again to all for your comments.  Hey, I just wanted to drag out
some of that renown list passion by pushing hard for your thoughts - I
have gained a lot from the conversations on this so far.

I get nervous about spending this sort of money on something that may
end up offering little or no improvement in performance.

I don't tack these things on for their looks!

If I had wads of money I would hand the whole car over to an 'expert',
tell him to build me the perfect street/racing machine and just pay the
bill when it arrived, but as it is I have to find little performance
features where I can and add them as I can afford.  Every few tenths of
a second are important to me (but don't translate into big prize money
or sposnsorship deals to pay for them) when I am playing on the track.
It is my nasty competitive streak.

Apart from the legitimate 'breathing' concerns I expressed earlier, the
carbs are something I can stick on the OUTSIDE (which is cheaper and
incurs less downtime than pulling the engine apart AGAIN).

So, before everyone gets really sick of the subject line showing up in
their mail, consider it (from my point of view) 'thread closed' unless
anyone wants to continue the discussion with me OFF LIST - it has been
an education and I will let those who have asked know the results when
it happens.

(Or in other words, I have the answer that I wanted and I don't want to
risk hearing stuff I don't want to hear :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///