AC in an early ('67) MGB-GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: AC in an early ('67) MGB-GT
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:22:41 -0400
MG Listers:  I am new to the MG list, having spent the last four years on
the Triumph list (have a '72 TR-6).  Last fall I acquired a really nice
1967 MGB-GT, Tartan red, OD, chrome wires, etc.   A southern California
car, it has been very nicely restored, inside and out.  I've redone the
suspension and sorted out a number of little problems and want to make it
into a comfortable long distance driver (shows, vacations, etc.)
        I'm interested in installing AC in this car.  Living in south
Florida, driving an LBC in the summer is brutal.  I have an aftermarket
AC system in my TR6 and it has made a tremendous difference in our
enjoyment of the car in the summer.
        I'm particularly interested in knowing how other owners have
handled the interior AC vent outlets from the air handler/evaporator in
the dash & footwell areas, as there are no existing vents outlets in the
MK I  that can be converted.  Any clever aftermarket items available?
Would be interested in Make/part #s.   Also, where have people located
the condensor so that it doesn't interfere with the radiator efficiency?
        Any help, directions to websites, aftermarket mfgs., will be
greatly appreciated!!
        TIA,  Phil Bacon
                 1967 MGB-GT
                 1972 TR-6