Customer Service?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Customer Service?
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:26:25 -0700
Regular readers will know that I tend to sing the praises of Moss Motors
from time to time, being of the opinion that they offer better products and
service than their main competitor in Kansas. This morning, I had even more
proof that the latter company does not deserve my (anyone's?)
business.......

Last Thursday, I ordered an MGC head gasket from Victoria British (known by
many, apparently, though incorrectly, as British Victoria). Needing it
quickly, I requested UPS Blue Label. Well, truth be told, I asked for UPS's
3-day service but was told they (VB) do not offer that - with no reason
given as to why they don't. So, 2-day service it was to be, and I paid the
extra fees.

My package arrived Tuesday. This morning, I opened the box so I could start
work on the car. Instead of an MGC head gasket, I found an MGB head gasket
set. I called the VB order line, explained the problem and was transferred
to "Customer Service". A repeat of my explanation elicited the reply that I
could send the incorrect part back for a refund. I commented that I would
like them to issue a UPS call-tag for the box as I did not wish to pay for
return shipment on a part that had been shipped incorrectly. The line went
dead. Yup, she hung up on me! I know some of you have had problems with Moss
products but I'm willing to bet no-one has ever had a Moss salesman or
customer service person hang up on them......

How did my problem get resolved, you ask. Well, it still hasn't. After I
called back and asked to speak to someone about being hung up on, I was
given a message machine where a message still awaits someone's attention.
The order clerk, by the way, told me the only way I could get a correct MGC
head gasket was to order another one, pay for both it and any express
shipping that I might want, and take my chances that the second one would be
correct. Even though the MGB head set had the MGC head gasket number on the
package (which led me to believe there might just be more of them in stock
incorrectly) there was, according to the salesman, no way of notifying the
warehouse that there might be a problem nor of making sure that I was
shipped a correct part.

Man, I wish Moss sold MGC parts...........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list