Re: Customer Service?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Customer Service?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:15:23 -0600
Things never change. I have blasted this Kansas firm on the list several
times - and all because of a similar problem in 1991!  My problem was worse
because the item was a B fender (I ordered a BGT fender) and they refused
to cover the truck freight for their mistake. If I wanted a credit or
exchange, I had to pay freight on the return (as well as the cost to ship
the right one out after that).

Since then, I always order from Moss, list Moss resellers, or the Roadster
Factory. Maybe Proper MG if they have a sell or better price than the
others. And I've never had any problems from these other vendors. The worse
was a slow response on a return item to the Proper MG but they still took
care of it.

I might add that the Roadster Factory gave me 3 day UPS when I asked, even
though it wasn't listed in their catalog. UPS ground from the east coast is
just too slow.

David

At 10:26 AM 7/25/01 -0700, Lawrie wrote:
>Regular readers will know that I tend to sing the praises of Moss Motors
>from time to time, being of the opinion that they offer better products and
>service than their main competitor in Kansas. This morning, I had even more
>proof that the latter company does not deserve my (anyone's?)
>business.......
>
>Last Thursday, I ordered an MGC head gasket from Victoria British (known by
>many, apparently, though incorrectly, as British Victoria). Needing it
>quickly, I requested UPS Blue Label. Well, truth be told, I asked for UPS's
>3-day service but was told they (VB) do not offer that - with no reason
>given as to why they don't. So, 2-day service it was to be, and I paid the
>extra fees.
>
>My package arrived Tuesday. This morning, I opened the box so I could start
>work on the car. Instead of an MGC head gasket, I found an MGB head gasket
>set. I called the VB order line, explained the problem and was transferred
>to "Customer Service". A repeat of my explanation elicited the reply that I
>could send the incorrect part back for a refund. I commented that I would
>like them to issue a UPS call-tag for the box as I did not wish to pay for
>return shipment on a part that had been shipped incorrectly. The line went
>dead. Yup, she hung up on me! I know some of you have had problems with Moss
>products but I'm willing to bet no-one has ever had a Moss salesman or
>customer service person hang up on them......
>
>How did my problem get resolved, you ask. Well, it still hasn't. After I
>called back and asked to speak to someone about being hung up on, I was
>given a message machine where a message still awaits someone's attention.
>The order clerk, by the way, told me the only way I could get a correct MGC
>head gasket was to order another one, pay for both it and any express
>shipping that I might want, and take my chances that the second one would be
>correct. Even though the MGB head set had the MGC head gasket number on the
>package (which led me to believe there might just be more of them in stock
>incorrectly) there was, according to the salesman, no way of notifying the
>warehouse that there might be a problem nor of making sure that I was
>shipped a correct part.
>
>Man, I wish Moss sold MGC parts...........
>
>Lawrie
>British Sportscar Center

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list