Re: Black Plates A-Go-Go - Assembly Bill 834

Subject: Re: Black Plates A-Go-Go - Assembly Bill 834
From: jmc <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 01 19:43:02 -0700
I'm not really keen about this. I like the idea that a black plate
actually means something. If you can buy a new one, the fact that a car
has been on the road continuously for 30+ years is somehow diminished.
It's just another accessory to dress up trailer queens as far as I'm
concerned. I love my beaten up, stone chipped 34-year-old plate. Long
live originality.

Joseph
'67 MGB Roadster
w/real black plates

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 01:40:56 -0700 (PDT), rfeibusch@loop.com wrote:

<SNIP>
>Assembly Bill 834, introduced by Assemblyman Mike Brigs, will allow
>California car owners the option of using vintage-style black & gold
>licence plates on their pre-1969 classic cars, or pre-1972 classic trucks.
>This will allow vehicle owners who's original licence plates have been
>replaced with modern equivillents to purchase plates that are correct in
>appearance to those issued in the vehicle's year of manufacture. Under
>existing law, an owner of any vehicle that is a 1962, or older, may use
>license plates similar to those issued in the model year that the vehicle
>was manufactured.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list