Re: Black Plates A-Go-Go - Assembly Bill 834

To: Richard Feibusch <rfeibusch@loop.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Black Plates A-Go-Go - Assembly Bill 834
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:30:25 -0600
South Dakota has something similar.  If the car is more than 30
years old it qualifies as an antique vehicle and is therefore
intitled to antique plates.  There is a one time $10 fee for
these plates and no need for renewal.  But, the antique plates
have a
Ford Model T on them.  There is the option of using year of
manufacture plates, povided they are legible.  You must send in a
photo of the plates with the application.

However, you are limited in vehicle use to touring, parades,
getting repairs, or gas, etc.  It can't be used for everyday
transportation.

I've gone that route with my MG TD and also have the plates for
my twin cam.  When my 240Z is 30 years old next year, I will put
1972 plates on that car too.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list