cbb vs rbb leaf spring question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: cbb vs rbb leaf spring question
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:38:28 EDT
I have a 71 roadster (CBB), and many years ago I bought a set of leaf springs
that I only recently installed (project car).  I recall when I ordered that
there were two choices: 6 leafs and 7 leafs.  I chose the 7 leaf set and when
I installed them I held them next to the old set (6 leafs) and compared the
arch and eye placement, and they looked identical.  Now that they're
installed, the car seems to sit higher than I remembered, (although it is
basically a shell now) and I'm wondering if I could have put in a set of RBB
springs.  Is this possible?  I heard that these may be for a GT due to the
extra leaf, and not necessarily the RBB set.  Will it sit at the proper
height only have stiffer rate?  Does anyone know?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list