Re: Winterizing my "new" MGB

To: <Aeseeyou@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winterizing my "new" MGB
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:27:36 -0800
Unless your engine is brand-new and you live somewhere where the
temperatures regularly dip below ten below zero, don't even think of using
5w-30! Or even 10w-30, for that matter. These modern multi-grades are made
for engines that have much tighter tolerances than any MGB was ever built
with.

Fresh 20-50 should be fine for most climates. Make sure your battery
terminal connections are clean and that your anti-freeze is fresh, and that
all hoses and belts are in good condition. Keep an eye on the tire
pressures, too. The carburetor should not need any special attention, other
than changing the damper oil to 20wt (motorcycle fork oil) if you've been
using heavier engine oil.

Otherwise, just drive and enjoy!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center