Re: Which tire for my MG?

To: ragtopday@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Which tire for my MG?
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:51:21 EST
Steven,
Your Question was:(quote) I am not really looking for a true performance
tire, but something that offers good handling & a nice ride in mostly dry
conditions, and I am
looking to spend somewhere in the $50 price range per tire. Comments,
Please??
 The Answer: Look in 1984 or '85 because now a good all-purpose radial with
any longevity at all will run you at least $75.00 to $100.00 ea. Especially
the two brands you specified, Dunlop and Pirelli. A good off brand, but not
as well known is the Cooper Tire I've had a lot of luck with them. Still
you're looking at a tire that'll probably still run you $65-$75 ea. That's
really not a lot money in terms of safety, performance and long life. P.S.
check out the warranty. If it says it will prorate the existing tire in case
of a "road hazard or curb damage" ask if you can upgrade it to something with
more extensive coverage"
Albert Escalante 1978 MGB; 1957 3.4 litre (Mk.I) 1977 XJ-6L; 1985 XJ-6 (not
running)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///