Re: Which tire for my MG?

Subject: Re: Which tire for my MG?
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:25:52 -0800
Stephen:
Dunlop SP Sport A2 in 185/65x14. US$53.00 each from Tire Rack.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/dunlop/du_sp_a2.jsp

About as close as you can get in a modern tire to the diameter of the original
155/80x14 (roadster) tire.
http://www.tolan-hoechst.com/cars/tirecalc.htm

Unfortunately, from all reports (owner survey at Tire Rack), it doesn't quite
fit
your criteria, since it IS a high performance tire, great dry road tire, works
almost as well in the wet as in the dry, even works well in light snow, quiet
ride....in short, a true modern miracle. It will definitely be the tire of
choice for
my GT next spring in a plus size, 195/60x15.

Regards,
Jerry

> Hello list.... This year I am planning on getting a set of center-lock
> Minilite replicas as a Christmas gift for my MGB. I am planning on
> using 185/70-14 tires, I was wondering what the consensus of the list
> is regarding type/brand of tire.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///