Re: 4 wheel disc brakes

To: GB127167@exchange.daytonoh.ncr.com
Subject: Re: 4 wheel disc brakes
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:51:51 EST
gerry,
You asked >>First question I have to ask you is WHY ?<< When I said that I'd
like to switch to a 4-wheel disc brake system, 1.)the main reason is probably
to help minimize brake fade and overheating which could result in less brake
response and 2.) my ability to optimize the use of my rear brakes as another
means of vehicle control or stability, in case of rear wheel drift, etc. 3.)
aesthetically, they(disc brakes) just look more "race car" like than the
conventional drum brakes.  When I first purchased my MGB I just took it for
granted that it probably had 4 wheel discs , only to do a double take when I
realized that the back brakes were of the drum variety. Heck, even the
Peugeot 505 Turbo-Diesel that I use as my go for vehicle has 4-wheel disc's
and its not the fastest car around by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway,
that's my defense. I rest my case. (Ha, Ha!) {8^)
Albert Escalante 1978 MGB; 1957 3.4 litre (Mk.I) 1977 XJ-6L; 1985 XJ-6 (not
running)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///