Putting it on the road (Was Re: Today it drives)

To: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>,
Subject: Putting it on the road (Was Re: Today it drives)
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:11:00 -0600
At 09:32 AM 1/7/2002, Michael Lupynec wrote:
>I have a friend with a used excellent condition WT/O gauge from a
>Bugeye he may part with - question is will it fit your 67B?

I'm not sure, I think most of the dual gauges are interchangeable, but the
correct model varied form year to year.  The face on mine reads that it is
a Smith's model "GD ISOI/ 14" Unfortunately, I can't say for sure if the
i's and o's are 1's and 0's.

My priority is to get the car street legal, then I can drive it to the shop.

Here my "back on the road" to-do list.
Clean, inspect brakes fix or replace anything questionable.

Replace non vented gas cap with vented gas cap

Check and drain and replace where needed the fluids in the transmission and
differential.

Lube the chassis.

Set timing and adjust carbs

Bolt the drivers seat down.  BTW look at the wonderful vinyl and plush seat
covers in the car http://carport.virtualave.net/67mgb/ClothAndVinylSeats.jpg

Replace items missing on car to pass inspection for registration   Here are
the items I would need.
Need a right taillight lens and frame or replace the entire taillight
assembly.  I have the base and gasket, but my base is missing the part that
the lower lens and frame bolts to and it might be easier to by a whole
unit. It is the early style with a red over red light
pattern.  http://carport.virtualave.net/67mgb/RightTailLight.jpg
Need two (the car had one in the boot but can't I find it now) windshield
wiper arms with blades that are good enough to pass inspection.
Need mounting hardware for the windshield, it is on the car, but not
attached and I need the bolts and spacers. I know I will probably have to
get that new.
Replace rear view mirror, mine is there but the glass cracked.   (Not sure
if needed for inspection, but it doesn't hurt to make sure)
Replace passenger side fender mirror.  There is a picture of the fender
mirror that is broken on my website, I know I can get a reproduction, but
the original looks better. The address is...
http://carport.virtualave.net/our_67_mgb_exterior.htm look in the middle of
the page and there are pics of each side, click on it for a close
up.  (Same issue as above, I don't know if required)

I just got more pictures back (its great you can have them developed on CD
now) and have added a bunch of stuff to my website.  I changed the whole
site to represent MGB's along with the Spridget and Corvair stuff I already
had.  I also started a "Story of my MGB page that has a "diary" of the car
that is mostly composed of text complied from various email messages I sent
about the car.  I also added the beginnings of my over the counter parts
link, that has only just begun.  The site is http://carport.virtalave.net/

Thanks
Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///