Re: Remove or cover surface rust???

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Remove or cover surface rust???
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:07:17 -0700
>Working through "trouble" is fine as long as it isn't expensive.  If I have
>to do it in sections every night that is fine, time I have.... I can use
>chemicals but I know that some frown on it.  Hopefully someone will have a
>better idea.  Of course the POR-15 route is best IF it works.

I was always concerned that even microscopic corrosion starts would be
enough to get it going again under the paint.

I have a neighbor who is a mechanic out at the airport.  He filled his
sills up with the stuff they use on aircraft.  He said it is very
toxic, but it works very well...  It is not commercially available
however.

>BTW  Thanks for your parts source listing.  That is a great resource....

Your welcome!

It is time for an update, but I haven't gotten motivated.  I need to
set it up so it is a little more painless.  :)

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net

///