Re: Remove or cover surface rust???

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>,
Subject: Re: Remove or cover surface rust???
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:08:12 -0600
Hi Andrew,

Working through "trouble" is fine as long as it isn't expensive.  If I have
to do it in sections every night that is fine, time I have.... I can use
chemicals but I know that some frown on it.  Hopefully someone will have a
better idea.  Of course the POR-15 route is best IF it works.

In Texas rust isn't as big of a problem as in some area, but it still will
grow without being tended to.  It makes me wish I had gotten hold of this
car before being stored outside for two years.  Thank goodness the PO put
it up on jacks and wrapped it up or it would have been gone.

BTW  Thanks for your parts source listing.  That is a great resource....

Patton

At 12:10 PM 1/12/2002, Andrew B. Lundgren wrote:
>Not an expert here, but I think you would have trouble getting all of
>the rust off that way.  And depending on where you live it might just
>set right back in under your paint.
>
>I am interested in any replies you get however as my car spent a
>portion of its life in KY USA.  Not exactly an arid location, so I have
>some surface rust up under the dash on the firewall...  In Colorado,
>rust up under the dash isn't going anywhere fast, but I would like to
>treat it.

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///