More on that 71 GT / Any *good* GTs for sale?

Subject: More on that 71 GT / Any *good* GTs for sale?
From: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:17:42 -0500
If anyone is interested in this car (71 GT in Columbus, Ohio), I can tell
you something about it, since I've seen it now, TWICE.

This is the same dilapidated $1000 car I looked at back in the summer of
'01. Looks like that owner donated it to Volunteers of America, and they
sold it for $600 (writing was still on windshield). Now another guy is
trying to turn around and sell it for $700. And I turned it down again. Man,
I'm tired of driving 80 miles round trip to look at the same pile of junk.
:-)  As you can tell, I have zero interest in this car, financial or
otherwise.

Anyhow, it may not be a bad deal for a negotiated $500 or something. But
it's way more work that I can do right now. And don't believe the line "the
bodywork is all done". It was "done" by an amateur, with warped panels ("it
warped with the heat of the welding") and gaps in the welds. It fires on
three cylinders if you're lucky - I pulled one plug randomly and it had
gooey chunky gunk on it.

Anyhow, I'm still looking for either a B-GT or a VW Bug, if anyone has one
they are looking to sell. Here's what I'd like:

-Runs reliably
-No body work needed
-Otherwise needs TLC - I can't afford a perfect car, and I'm happy to work
on fixing things.

-Mark
Topless Smurf ('75 MGB):
http://www.bones.org/torch/photos/mgb/mark_mgb_1.html
Mark Dawson
General Manager
The Roundtown Cafi      http://www.roundtowncafe.com
Personal Web Page       http://www.bones.org/torch/

        234 N. Court St., Circleville, Ohio, 43113
                   740-474-8666

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///