Neighbor from Hell! was: Cops are not all that bad. (OT)

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>,
Subject: Neighbor from Hell! was: Cops are not all that bad. (OT)
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:3:37 -0500
Jack Feldman said:

> In my last house I had the neighbors from hell. They were the kind of
people
> with six cars and three sets of  license plates and junk cars littering
the
> driveway. The police have to make a decision of where to spend their time,
> especially if they think it will be wasted by a law that is just PR on the
> part of the legislature.
>
> From experience, if you had called in and complained, you might have
gotten
> some action. I enjoyed catching them parking two cars each with the same
one
> license plate next to each other.

Hey!  That's me!  I have two '63 MG 1100's in the driveway, a '95 Ford van
(tow vehicle) and the derelict B I just rescued from CA (not salvageable)
on the side of the house.  I have a two car, or five MG, garage, but it's
full of two '67 B's and a Volvo turbo wagon.

Only one of the three B's is registered, but I just towed the other two
across country on a tow dolly one at a time.  The first time, I used the
Massachusetts plates to the registered B, and then I re-registered the car
in New Hampshire, and used the temporary New Hampshire plate for the second
unregistered car.

I'm such a bad girl.  Luckily, all of these cars are parked on 3.2 acres,
so no one has to look out their kitchen window at those annoying little
1100's.  And the parking problem will be solved as soon as I knock down
some pesky walls and turn the entire basement into garage.  Don't worry,
the steel beam will keep the house from falling on me.  And the fireplace
will be nice for those winter engine rebuilds.

Denise

--- Denise Thorpe
--- xyza

///