Re: Overdrive problem.....

To: "Mark Smith" <mark.smith@optushome.com.au>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive problem.....
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:56:13 -0000
Could be electrical, and should be the first thing to check anyway.  Unfused
ignition (white) is fed to the manual switch on the dash, which feeds it
down on a yellow (my diagrams show it changing to a yellow/red at a bullet
connector) to the lockout switch on top of the gearbox, which when in 3rd
and 4th feeds it on a yellow/purple to the solenoid.  I would be surprised
if that amount of oil made the difference between working and no-working, so
it (the problem) may come back. If you can cause it to switch in and out
just by pulling the lever around when in 4th it is almost certainly either
the switch on top of the gearbox being loose or worn, wear can be
accomodated by removing one of the shims.  On the other hand if that amount
of oil *does* make the difference, then I would imagine there is something
marginal inside the o/d.