Dual SUs on a '77 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dual SUs on a '77 B
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:05:54 -0600
Hello Folks,

As if I don't have enoguh repairs to perform on my '77 B, I am interested
in installing 2 SU carbs on my '77 B. I am curious if any folks on the
list have done this? I currently have a Weber 32/36 DGV, which I want to
change for various reasons. All the emissions stuff was removed by a PO
(excluding carbon canister) and a header was installed. What I am I
looking at here, in terms of the types of carbs I can use, type of intake
manifold to use (I assume one of an older 2 carb car?), and type of choke
I am going to have to have (water, manual). What about clearances between
the air filters and the brake MC? Will my '77 head work, or will I need
to replace that, too?

TIA,

Edwin
'77 B

PS. My state does not require emissions testing as of yet.

"I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

Check out The MG Filling Station at:
http://members.fortunecity.com/mowogmg

///