Re: Steering wheel identity

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:10:21 -0800
Well, my 66 B came with an extremely well-broken-in wood-rim wheel, with
matching aluminum-with-wood-insert door pulls, but that does not mean they
were factory or dealer options. After all, the car was 22 years old (with
139K miles) when I bought it. Just because your car was low mileage doesn't
mean a previous owner (maybe even the original owner) hadn't felt inspired
to personalize it. After all, I don't think anyone could tell the difference
between a 20-year-old steering wheel and one that was 22 years old...

Thinking about it, it strikes me that a fancy wood rim steering wheel is
precisely the sort of thing that an affectionate spouse might buy their
newly-MG-besotted mate for a Christmas present (wildly speculating here)..

--

Max Heim