Re: Steering wheel identity

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:41:19 -0800
Patton-
from your photos it looks like the rim is plastic or rubber (or leather)
covered -- I say this because the rim material appears to extend down over
the outer part of the spokes, and though it's hard to tell if this material
is covered by tape, it definitely doesn't look like wood. And while some
more recent wood-rim wheels have this feature, vintage ones tended not to --
the flat spokes butted directly into the wood rim.

According to Clausager, the 1967 GT Special Edition wheel was 16" with a
wood rim. So I think that rules yours out, but David might want to look into
his on his GT.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149