Re: Steering wheel identity

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:42:08 -0600
Patton Dickson wrote:

> Hi Kelvin,
>
> Hopefully I can find a match or repair this one.  Are there any "modern"
> suppliers that produce steering wheel that utilize the stock horn push?
>
> I the article about rebuilding a steering wheel with a wood rim on the "My
> MGB in CANADA" site.
>
> http://members.attcanada.ca/~hinges/mgb/sw.htm
>
> I would want to use a hardwood for that if possible though.  Has anyone
> else tried this?  Do all steering wheels have the metal ring in the center?

Just a mention here: back in the mid-60's I installed the wood-rim
wheel on my Mini racer that I had taken off my MGA when I sold it.
Then a few months later I removed it and replaced it with a
rubber-rimmed wheel.

This was because of seeing what a wood-rimmed wheel can do to a
person in a bad accident. One of my friends at the track was stabbed
really badly by the wood on the rim when he flipped his Sprite. It
made a bad injury accident *much* worse; they were picking splinters
out of his innards for hours, according to the doctors.

Hope you all don't mind, but I thought this worth a mention.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm