Re: Steering wheel identity

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:24:15 -0600
The only reason this came up was I was poking around the car getting it
ready for the body work and noticed it.  I start stripping the car this
weekend.  Hopefully I will need to figure something out for the interior
soon if I really am going to try to have the body done by mid May

Patton

At 12:10 PM 3/6/2002, Max Heim wrote:
>A 67 B would have a "banjo" wheel with wire spokes. Any wheel with flat
>spokes with holes in them is not original. However, many (most?) aftermarket
>wheels do use the factory horn push and/or center medallion. I believe the
>splines changed in 68, and again in 70, so later factory wheels won't fit
>early cars.

>You could clean the spokes carefully and look for a brand mark on the front
>or back. LeCarra wheels are usually signed, I think. My guess from the photo
>is that the rim is toast, but ???. I suspect you'll need to shell out for
>the whole shebang, but given the state of the rest of the dash, you could
>probably wait on it (maybe cover up the rim with a sew-on leather wheel
>cover).

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///